Day 1. Grand Finale of the Global Disruptive Tech Challenge 2021 - Restoring Landscapes in the Aral Sea Region
Innovations, Challenge, Aral,
April 6, 2021
On April 5, the first 2 sessions were held as part of the Grand Finale of the Global Disruptive Tech Challenge 2021.
11 teams of participants have already presented their projects in two directions.
1️⃣ sustainable forestry projects covered topics such as:
- Aral honey gardens,
- regenerative agroforestry solutions,
- the melt water to irrigate crops forest,
- afforestation by growing Elaeagnus angustifolia and almond gardens,
- encapsulated seeds and biodegradable net-rolls.
2️⃣ agriculture and land management projects included ideas like:
- NETICS patented GEOWALL® land cultivating technology,
- nutritive hydrogel for water preservation and land, soil aeration,
- using a digital platform,
- treatment with biomeliorant for neutralizing salts and fertilizing,
- Greywater Nexus Greenhouse,
- BraveHawk artificial intelligent pest management technology.
🔹 Each team within 10 minutes presented their main ideas and answered questions from the jury members.
👉Also join the presentations of other 12 teams and participate in the events of the Challenge Week: register using the link.
ℹ️Any questions left? Please contact Balzhan Zhumagazina, email@example.com (project coordinator).
ℹ️The Global Disruptive Tech Challenge is organized by the World Bank with the support of the Central Asia Water and Energy Program (CAWEP) a multi-donor trust fund financed by the European Union, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, and is implemented by the Kazakh-German University (DKU), the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF), Plug and Play (P&P) and other partner organizations.