Strategic Management of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
Master's Program (2 years)
- Collect and submit scans of the documents for candidates from Kazakhstan by 30 July 2022 and candidates from Central Asia by 10 August 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org for a preliminary check.
- Have a pre-interview.
- Register in the DKU Online Applicant Registration system;
- Only for citizens of Kazakhstan – register for the comprehensive testing on the website of the National Testing Center by July 15.
- Only for citizens of Kazakhstan - Pass the comprehensive testing of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for admission to MA (take at least 50 points). More information about comprehensive tests and their costs can be found here. Registration to testing is available only until July 15.
- Submit original documents to the Admission Committee of DKU no later than August 28, 2022., otherwise nostrification process will not be completed on time.
For foreigners and citizens of Kazakhstan with foreign diplomas - it is required to pass nostrification (possible during the first semester). IT IS NECESSARY TO START THE PROCEDURE OF NOSTRIFICATION BY AUGUST 28 AND GET A CERTIFICATE ABOUT IT.
Submit the certificate to the Admissions Office:
- Documents need to be apostille stamped!
- If the applicant cannot come to Kazakhstan in person at the specified time, he/she must make a general power of attorney for the DKU representative and send all documents together with the power of attorney and the apostille by mail. Documents must reach the admissions committee no later than August 20, otherwise, they will not have time to start the nostrification procedure.
- It will be necessary to transfer money for translation fees, notary in Kazakhstan, and other costs associated with nostrification.
- According to the regulations of the Republic of Kazakhstan, all foreign students must undergo the nostrification procedure, despite international agreements on the recognition of diplomas.
7. Take an English language test:
a) get an appointment for the test from the Admissions Office;
b) get a login and password for the Indigo from the system administrator;
c) take the test electronically.
8. Pass an entrance exam on the subject of the specialty (oral interview in English and Russian). During the interview, you will have to answer the questions on management and renewable energy:
a) get an appointment for the exam from the Admissions Office;
b) pass the exam successfully;
c) defend the essay.
9. Receive confirmation from the Admissions Office about acceptance.
10. Apply for a scholarship by choice.
11. Sign the contract at DKU.
12. Complete the prerequisites, if necessary (September):
a) get an appointment for a prerequisite course from the Admissions Office;
b) pay the prerequisite fee via the bank;
c) complete the prerequisite course successfully.
- The language of instruction is English. Good command of English is a necessary condition for admission. All candidates (nominees/self-applicants) must have sufficient English language proficiency and provide a certificate of International English Language Testing. For citizens of Kazakhstan, it is required to pass the state exam of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the English Language, Analytical and Critical Thinking, Management and Business Organization (international students are exempted from the comprehensive testing);
- We also offer an online English preparatory course.
For admission to the Master's program, a package of documents must be submitted (to be submitted online as scanned copies by August 28):
- Bachelor's and/or Master's Diploma (mandatory apostille in the country of residence, mandatory nostrification in Kazakhstan);
- medical certificate U-086 with an x-ray image (of your country),
- Only for applicants from Kazakhstan - medical form #075 (including the conclusion of a narcologist, psychiatrist, as well as X-ray (fluorographic) examination);
- ID card and/or passport (officially translated into Russian);
- 6 photos (3*4 cm);
- CV (reflecting your work experience and scholarly articles, contacts, Skype/WhatsApp/Telegram preferred);
- TOEFL 560 or IELTS 6.0 certificate (in the absence of these certificates, the candidates from Kazakhstan shall pass the national English exam (comprehensive testing), candidates from Central Asia and Afghanistan shall pass the English test in the system Indigo.
- Essay on "Renewable Energy Development in Central Asia" (2 pages, font "Times New Roman", font size 12, in English).
After checking the electronic copies of your documents and having preliminary interviews, you will be asked to submit a complete package of documents for admission to the Master's program to the Admissions Office of the Kazakh-German University (must be submitted in the original):
- Bachelor's or Master's Diploma (mandatory apostille in the country of residence, mandatory nostrification in Kazakhstan);
- Medical certificate #086 with an X-ray image (issued in Kazakhstan);
- Only for applicants from Kazakhstan - medical form 075 (including the conclusion of a narcologist, psychiatrist, as well as X-ray (fluorographic) examination);
- Copy of identity card and/or passport (+ officially translated copy in Russian for foreign students);
- 6 passport photos (3*4 cm);
- Curriculum vitae (reflecting your work experience and research papers);
- TOEFL 560 or IELTS 6.0 certificate (in the absence of these certificates, the candidates from Kazakhstan shall pass the national English exam (comprehensive testing), candidates from CA shall pass the English test in the system Indigo);
- Essay on "Renewable Energy Development in Central Asia" (2 pages, font "Times New Roman", font size 12, in English);
- Address reference (for citizens of Kazakhstan);
- A motivation letter (in Russian);
- List of scientific and scientific-methodical works (if any);
- Personal employment record sheet from a place of work or notarized copy of work record book (if available);
- Copy of military registration certificate/military card (for men);
- Receipt of payment for comprehensive testing of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (for citizens of Kazakhstan).
If the following subjects are not listed in your diploma transcript, you will need to take these courses at the Kazakh-German University:
- Electrical Engineering
Completion of these courses is a compulsory part of your application. The cost of one course is 25 000 KZT ~ 77 $. Payment should be made before the start of the course to the accounting department of DKU (Manager: Irina Rozanova). Course duration: 2 weeks of intensive course in September (dates to be determined), physical presence required.
The application and the whole package of documents (originals) must be submitted until August 28, 2021, to the Admissions Office of Kazakh-German University.
Detailed admission conditions, information on comprehensive testing (for citizens of Kazakhstan), and its cost can be clarified here.
For more information on training and conditions of admission you can contact the Admissions Office of DKU: Tel.: + 7 (727) 355 05 51 (ext. 229), Email: email@example.com.
Contact person: Alexey Kobzev, Renewable Energy and Climate Change Project Manager, DKU, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the Master's program "Strategic Management of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency" you can write to the following email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org